Salone Messenger

Reading: Starlink to Revolutionize Internet Access in Sierra Leone
Reading: Starlink to Revolutionize Internet Access in Sierra Leone

Starlink to Revolutionize Internet Access in Sierra Leone

Post Views: 37
admin
By admin 48 Views 1 Min Read
1 Min Read

Get Your Music Viral With Audiofrica Plus

Audiofrica plus
Audiofrica plus

Sierra Leone is set to experience an internet revolution as Starlink, the satellite broadband service from SpaceX, has been granted a license to operate in the country.

This makes Sierra Leone the fifth African country to issue a license to Starlink, which is expected to increase internet access and transform education in the West African nation.

According to DataReportal, only 32.4 percent of Sierra Leone’s population had access to the internet, leaving 67.6 percent of locals without access.

“This is a huge step forward in achieving the goal of universal connectivity across the country and for transforming education,” Sierra Leone’s Minister of Basic and Senior Secondary Education (MBSSE), David Sengeh said.

However, internet users in the country increased by 12.5 percent between 2021 and 2022, with 296,000 new internet users added during that period. The move by Starlink is expected to provide universal connectivity across Sierra Leone and increase access to the internet for all.

Stay Updated

Share this Article
By admin
Follow:
Salone Messenger is a Global Multimedia and Public Relation Firm based in Sierra Leone with the latest news and information, on top stories, business, politics, entertainment and more
%d bloggers like this: