As the date for the voter registration for the 2023 general elections is getting closer, National Election Watch – Sierra Leone (NEW-SL) sensitizes Sierra Leoneans on some of the basic things to remember for the exercise.
Some of these things are:
- Centres will open for 15 days each in two (2) phases.
For phase 1 from 3rd – 17th September 2022 and phase 2 from 20th September – 4th October 2022.
- Registration centres will open from 7:00am – 5:00pm daily
- There will be a NCRA desk in the Voter Registration centres to capture persons who did not register with NCRA during the Civil Registration process.
- (a) Persons whose details are in the civil register database will be processed through the Voter Verification Kits (VVK).
- Persons whose details are not in the civil register database (new registrants) will be captured first through the VIU Kits, then they will proceed to be captured as voters through the VVK.
- Register at the nearest centre where you reside (near your home). In 2023, You will be voting where you registered.
- (a). Documentary proof of Identity: National ID card, passport, birth certificate, certificate of naturalization, Local tax receipt.
(b). If you don’t have any documents to show, there is a witness form that either of the following people will fill and vouch on your behalf: Paramount Chief, Tribal Head, Town Chief, Section Chief, Village Head, Religious Leader, Head of Educational Institution and Councillor.